Sample philosophy Essay Questions
Below is a list of sample essay questions in the subject of PhilosophyGet Essay Help from the experts!
- How do Hobbs and Locke differ on the distinction between the state of nature and the state of war.
- How does Rae Langton (Speech Acts and Unspeakable Acts) attempt to support the claim that pornography is, in and of itself, an act of subordination? How convincing are her arguments?
- To what extent does evil raise an insurmountable problem for the theistic conception of God?
- Under what circumstances, if any, is it possible to q-remember someone else's experiences?
- Conjectures and Refutations by Karl Popper.
- Discuss Bentham's Panopitcon in relation to a contemporary city context. How relevant is it and how might it be applied? You must refer to key theorists and use the reading list. A purely descriptive essay is unacceptable.
- Hobbes describes the natural condition of man as 'a condition of war of everyone against everyone'. What cause does Hobbs identify in Chapter 13 as contributing or leading to this state of war? What are the principal characteristics of this state of war?
- How successful is Plato's defence of rule by the wise?
- The Liberty Principle (Harm Condition): "The sole end for which mankind are warranted, individually or collectively, in interfering with the liberty of action of any of their number, is... to prevent harm to others".
- What types of question can science provide an answer to, and why is it that science cannot answer all questions?
- 'Whenever some end is apparent toward which a motion progresses if nothing impedes, we say that the motion is for the end.
We have a range of philosophy resources to help you with your studies:
Our Professional Services
Each of the samples above was produced by one our professional writing services. To see how our services can help you with your own studies, take a look at our academic services portfolio.View Our Services